Friday, December 30, 2016

#51

I was on my ride home today from the library when some sudden realisation came into my mind:

1. I don't want to spend my last day of 2016 in the library, studying for my finals. Therefore tomorrow I will be taking a break. 

2. For the first time in a very long time my ride home was accompanied by sunshine and a very blue sky–reminding me that it's such a good feeling to sit there, the warmth of the sun wrapping around me, and I look up to the sky and I just feel like smiling although there's nothing really remarkable happening.

3. Last year I wished another driver "Happy new year!" but today I got off without saying a word, because I used the back door, but I secretly wished I was shameless and bubbly enough to yell "Thank you!" to the driver and "Happy new year!" to the whole remaining passengers. 

4. And that was my last bus ride of 2016. Not that it will be long before the next ride, but that will be in a different chapter altogether I guess. 

5. It's not the last day of 2016, but it really felt like it, probably because it's a Friday. 

It's quite a weird feeling to walk into the new year with something old remaining there unsettled–my final exams, I mean. I still have papers to sit for after the new year, so I guess the feeling is not quite the same as compared to the older days when I enter the new year and begin a new year in school or a new semester in college. And I'm tired of looking at things this way, to be honest. Rather than seeing a whole year as a massive chunk of new opportunity to start something, I guess I'm rather comfortable of viewing each day as an individual day, a brand new day. I don't quite know how to explain it, but what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to view the first of January in a different, separate time frame with the 31st December.

It's nice to look back at the year and see a line drawn there at the beginning of the year, but the more I think of it, the more I realise things are pretty much going to flow as usual. Or I might be wrong. And this alone is scary but exciting in yet another way that I cannot describe. 

Final toilet selfie of the year.
(#TakMalu)

Final Buzan Mindmap of the year.
Final 'library day' of the year.

Final bus ride of the year.

1 comment:

Cindy ツ said...

Rather than seeing a whole year as a massive chunk of new opportunity to start something, I guess I'm rather comfortable of viewing each day as an individual day, a brand new day.

INI BAGUS INI BAGUS!

In fact this is how we all should ideally go through our lives each day. Heh. :p