Saturday, December 31, 2016

I'll Sort of Miss You, 2016

I'll make a proper entry on my exact feelings at the moment, since it's been a yearly tradition.

This is going to be the last blog post for this year. 53 blog posts. There's been an increase since the previous year, but I blogged less than the older days, and I no longer seem to blog about the things I used to blog the most about.

I remember leaving certain years feeling unenthusiastic and hopeless. The darker days are still vivid in my memory, and I don't want to ever forget it, for it serves a good reminder for me to understand other people's struggles better.

2016 has been very memorable, to be very honest. If 2015 had been about walking out completely from depression, and library visits, 2016 has been a bit more than that. New haircut. New self-acceptance. Bus rides. A connection with others. Dark moments, still. But it's different these days. It's different because I know what to do. I am no longer that 19 year old who was lost every time the light turned off. These days when the flame dies, I use another source of light. And that is probably what I learnt the most this year.

I'll sort of miss this year. And it's always scary to walk into a new year, but I can't say I'm not hopeful. 

My wish is simple. 

More books. More connections. Good health for everyone. Hope in times of anger and despair. Bravery to be happy and bubbly. Less hesitance in making a difference.

.
Random pics throughout the year:

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

.

No comments: