Saturday, July 2, 2016

#9 Half of the Year Gone!

I can't believe we've made it through half of 2016! There's so many things to write about! So many things to be thankful for! 

A lot of things had happened since the last blog post, but I've been a bit too busy participating in life. 

And I've been chasing deadlines, spending less time on reflection but more on expression, and on lazy days I just chill, have long naps, or stay in the library for hours and hours after class.

This is going to be a bit long I guess. I really miss blogging. I really miss writing on my journal. And now I don't know where to start!

Isn't it funny that within half a year, time can pass by just like that, and so many things can be done? I've had two final examinations, changed my hairstyle, obsessed over an artiste, wrote 3 or 4 songs, interacted with new people, made a tshirt out of scratch, met old friends, won a contest, anddd read 40 books! I'm sure I've left out some things there. Can't remember them all. 

Songs
So I guess I'm back to songwriting. Or maybe it's just a seasonal thing. Last month I completed a few songs, and here are some of them. I'm not going to say I'm super proud of these, but I had so much fun writing The Otter. And writing Secret Serenade was also fun in the chords selection part. The lyrics was just meh. 


The Otter is basically just a fictional story of an otter, inspired by true events hahhaha. You get what I mean, don't you? It's really just a silly thing I came up with. Three chords played repeatedly, and obviously a lot of desperate attempts to rhyme up words. The first line that I thought of was actually the chorus "You can't be together..." because I'm obviously in some sort of dilemma where I think I'm really fancying someone. I told you it was inspired by true events. Just that it's a lot easier to write about a male otter. 


Secret Serenade was originally written as Sleepy Serenade because I was already in bed feeling sleepy when the first line appeared in my mind. But I sound out that there's a song that already exists with that title. I think I wrote this whole thing for my old self. I know, how narcissistic. The tree on the top of the hill with brown leaves falling is something that I always used as a mental therapy kind of thing whenever I feel too stressed out back in intec. The part about the girl who sounds like she's smiling when she's speaking is just something I noticed in some people, you know, how some people can speak so nicely and their voices are just like..yknow, so happy. And the rest of the lyrics are pretty much things I simply threw into the song to make it sound all positive and hopeful and stuffs.

Old Friends
I had a lot of good catching up sessions with some good old friends. I met with Kezia, Cindy, and Nia and it just feels so good to sit down and talk about things that haven't been talked about together in a while.

It's just good to see how everyone's doing fine and how many stories can only be shared through meet ups like these, instead of merely through social media. And I sure had fun. 

It's really hard to form friendships without having to worry about how people would react when you no longer have anything to give. I don't know if people get what I mean, but I've had a period in life when I felt like I was left with nothing, but these people stayed. It surely means something. And I'm going to be forever thankful. 

I've seen some college friends who easily forget their friends when the friend has nothing left to offer. It's painful to see people being ditched just when they've stop becoming someone who could provide something. Sometimes in life we're too focussed on forming bonds with those who could only benefit us. And that's sad. You're not supposed to call someone a friend just because you need something from them. It's really, really sad but I hope this teaches me something at least. 

Other Stuffs
I've discovered a singer called Gavin James, and I'm currently playing his songs on repeat. I think he's going to make it big soon. 

Also, a few days ago the selections for Spanish Basketball team to Rio 2016 has been announced, and I'm really excited to watch them play. It brings me back to Eurobasket 2015 and how I obsessed over Pau Gasol and Sergio Llull. 

I'm having a one week break for Raya and I can't wait to laze around because after this break I think I'll be a bit busier with assignments and stuffs. 

Ah. And I won a pantun contest by Fixi on Facebook so yeah I'm feeling a bit happy because I'll be getting three free books. I'm not showing signs of slowing down in the reading department lol. I'm still that library addict, still buying more books, and right now I think I've fully grown attached to the library. I'd be really really really sad when this all ends one day. 

Other than that, well, things have been OK. It's not that anything big is always happening. But at least right now I look forward to so many things. 

Can't see yet what's going to happen in the second half of this year, but I believe there's so much more to learn about! And so many books to be read! :)



1 comment:

Nia G. said...

Love all the positivity in this post! Hoping all is well 😊😊😊