Friday, October 23, 2009

Mixed Feelings..

The Prefects' Programme thingy this evening was awesome. Although I had to skip and sacrifice my evening nap, I felt contented that at least today is not just wasted. What I say by wasted - well usually I do nothing for the whole evening. At least the activities were really something.

It was a light moment, enjoying chicken rice with a huge group, singing songs with the rest of the prefects (okay, I didn't realise that my terrible voice was on top of the others), listened to a ceramah which was not really boring as other ceramah-ceramah I've ever attend. Oho, and the highlight for today: the group activity!

We were divided into 10 groups of 8 prefects - and I wasn't delighted at all the first moment I saw my group members. I only truly knew 2 of them - the others, oh, It's just hard to remember other people's name although they really know my name. None were my current classmates. I was worried that we couldn't cooperate (you should really see their undelighted faces). Oh no, I'm judging.

So the task was to carry (or more accurately - balance) a plastic cup filled with water which was put inside a container by using strings. (I guess pictures are better for explaining this). The route was from the hall - computer lab - administration block - canteen - back to the hall. To say it was easy, no, it wasn't because a few groups didn't really make it back to the hall. To mention that it was tough, also not quite I guess, cooperation and humour made it a little easy. Impin as the group leader was not even an inch of mistake. I miss him as a friend - he used to be my classmate since primary 5 till form 3, an active and hilarious fellow - it's just sad to think that we're not classmates anymore. He's the right person - he made us laugh a lot until I didn't notice that my group members were not too bad after all. They're superb! We managed to overtake 3 groups in front of us and that moment was really fun! And yes, they yelled a lot.

I'm in a dilemma. The activities will be continued next Monday. I'd love to come but ohh - Add Maths tuition at 6pm and the next day will be the first day of exams. BM paper..Should I come or just forget about it? But there'll be a competition on menganyam ketupat - one of my 'abilities' that I would really love to share for my group to win! School is not just about scoring A's after all. Sometimes we just have to open our eyes on such simple things and gain some memorable times. However, I am pretty much worried. Worried that I'll screw up the next day. This is just horrible. I wish it was conducted earlier~

I'll leave my worries for a while. Next story..
Although exams are just around the corner, I'm feeling bad because I can't feel the pressure. This week witnessed a lot of weird stuffs - "singing session" (My classmate Jin Cheng has an unbelievable melodious voice that you will certainly love to record and upload on YouTube), "showing-off some rap", and class was simply not as usual. The class is planning to have a party next Monday. I'm really looking forward to it, especially the performance by our class guitarists.

As usual, no one is reading this, right?

No comments: