Thursday, February 11, 2010

Public Speaking Competiton 2010

...for the language month in my school.

If you thought that I was representing my school, that would be a great joke. Until now, I just can't fight my nervousness. My hands were damn shaking and I just can't stop it. How I wish I had enough confidence.

...And I guessed I've chosen the wrong topic. Everyone was talking about huge stuffs such as pollution, smoking, this and that with all sorts of statistics, but my script seems to be the odd one out. I have to say it was actually quite boring and lame.

However...it's not just about winning that you want to join a competition. The participation is most of the time much more important. That's what Mr. W said. Yep, I love stuffs like this because the truth is, I am challenging myself indirectly to face this some sort of challenge. In simpler words, I don't want to run away from things like this. I want to face it. I also wanted to see how much confidence have I gained after all this while. The answer to my question is: I'm still the same. I've not improved yet in terms of confidence. My ears felt like burning. I just don't know why certain people can really relax without feeling nervous.

I was the 5th contestant out of 14. I didn't gain any position. (Haha) and I'm actually betul-betul laughing to myself right now. If you know who I am, I'm sure that you know how optimistic am I. I love competitions because it teaches us how to accept defeat. I don't mind, really, because the winners deserved it. They were awesome! My classmate, Su Nyuk, got 2nd place and I'm proud that at least a person from my class was able to cover malu for the other Form 5 contestants. [Giggling].

So that pretty much sums up my day today. A lovely Thursday, I have to say.


...and this is one of the factors making it such a lovely Thursday :p

No comments: