Friday, July 9, 2010

Reasons to Smile (Today)

God's blessings are in all sorts of ways. Maybe sometimes we overlook on the small things which can make us smile, maybe sometimes we're just lazy to think much about the beauty of blessings we receive everyday.

There are a lot of reasons to make me smile, grin and laugh today.

During our English Language lesson we had a great time singing "Waka Waka" accompanied by two pieces of guitars. Till now, that song is still ringing inside my head. Gab and Arbut played the guitars, Ghee Seng singing cheerfully, the other boys followed, we girls waved our hands and followed throughout the chorus. I felt disappointed that we didn't record it, we just wished we could. Words can never reflect the atmosphere of that moment. I felt something, something hard to explain - :') Thank you very much, Miss Roseline for today's English lesson. It was totally unforgettable.

I brought my guitar (for the second week now) to play during ISCF. There were another three pieces of guitar so it was more lively. Plus, the other girl (who I don't know what her name is) played so far beyond my ability. She's really awesome~ After that, we had a brief talk about 'blessings' so that pretty much explains why my intro of this post starts like that :)

Then, there was the scorching sun. 1.45 pm sitting at the canteen, plus without even taking an afternoon bath is something torturing, I have to admit. Sleepy, hungry, bored and all sorts of feelings mixed inside my mind. However, one thing for sure was that I admired the things around me today. The bright sky, the beautiful fluffy clouds, everything was beautiful. After a short while, one of my friends spotted Cikgu Paul (our Sivik teacher) - he was standing so far from us that we all denied it was him. After a brief argument, off we went to see him. Obviously, it was really him.

Our job was to replant the grass to another location situated in front of Blok 8, that's metres and metres away from Blok 3. The glamour name of this job: KERJA TAMAN, sometimes we just get it mixed up with "Kerja Amal" but who cares. It wasn't an easy job to do. If you're not sweating it means that you weren't even there. I have pretty much evidence to say that it wasn't easy. Not all of our classmates came. Many people try to avoid it.

Yet, there are blessings in such activity. We were exhausted, our faces did turn red, our hands do hurt but in turn, we had a memorable moment. A great one. There were intervals between work, jokes, work, photo-taking, work and so on and so forth. Cikgu Paul brought along his DSLR camera. We took gazillions of group photos with backgrounds of nature, one photo had our beloved Blok 8 as the background (I suggested so, and the teacher seemed to like my idea). Ah, you know that I dream of a DSLR camera. Photography is awesome.

There were "kangaroo jokes", "geng pongkes" etc. I am sure the boys will upload our photos soon on FB. Then I think I'll put some here ;)

Today, I've learnt a lot of lessons. No matter what kind of person I'll be tomorrow, no matter where I'll end up after schooling, I will never ever forget this day. For I have a lot of reasons to smile today :) [Aww, I'm being melancholic].

Thank you, LORD.

No comments: