Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Adventures of Balik Kampung

My hometown is not a kampung. In fact, it has the status Bandar Raya. However, to make this entry sound as dramatic as a real adventure, I shall just keep that as the title. Oh ya, thanks Azreen for suggesting this entry! (This is going to be a longggg, picture-less entry).

First of all thank God for the safe journey (despite the fight in the flight, yes, my flight was that dramatic). It was certainly a long way, twisting turning back home (quote from song lyrics, ehem), from KTM Station to the grounds of Cat City. I was grinning my way out from the arrival gate.

Now let me start from the start. I didn't spend the night in my own room because I was the last one to leave, so Zalikha was victimized to be my host. I woke up at 7.30 that morning (shockingly early yo!). After returning to my own block, I did some last minute jobs, such as throwing away the legacies that my housemates left for me (another way to say the rubbish), making sure all of the buckets in the house were upside down, checking every window etc.

Left my room before 10am because Zalikha and Amirah put a prank on me, saying they're already waiting for me inside the taxi. I cannot believe I believed :P Now imagine the blur, slow, clumsy, forgetful Fee rushing for something which is not real. Of course I forgot to bring something and had to run back. It was the card thingy you have to hand in to the guards whenever you're going to somewhere and not returning that night. Well in this case people can never blame me for I have never experienced sleeping over at somewhere else. I have no relatives over there yo!

Walking out from the gate felt like phase 1 of happiness. How did it feel like? FUN. After seeing people dragging their bags the day before, it was our turn! My bag didn't have wheels though. So I didn't drag mine. Haha. There was one thing in my mind that time: If I don't get a seat in KTM, I'm going to break my shoulders! Thoughts of standing in the KTM weeks earlier with Chiang Tieng, Tricia and Fern haunted me. Please, not with this heavy backpack, I said to myself.

What was phase 2 of happiness? Getting a seat in KTM! Hahah! Even though the girl's head sitting beside me kept on touching my shoulders, I acted like nothing happened. Isn't it so weird to be jam-packed in a place with sleepy people? Everybody sitting was sleeping, so I followed suit even though I wasn't sleepy. We got off at KL Central, where phase 1 of blurness began. I know nothing about going anywhere, yes I'm a bad traveller (should I classify myself as one?). People say malu bertanya sesat jalan (banyak bertanya tak malu), so I chose to be tak malu. Texted one of the many many seniors, Fern for help (thank you senior!) and managed to get the right transport to the right place.

Phase 3 of happiness: reaching LCCT, checking in and waiting for the moment yo! Waiting was...not so fun, I did a silly mistake for keeping my novel and Conan comics at the bottom of all my clothes inside my bag :P Time was just wasted by playing Reversi on my phone. Then I took a nap. See, it was that boring. When I woke up, I felt awful because my specs were squashing my nose. I looked around and saw 3 of our seniors! Then phase 4 of happiness began. Walking to the plane. Ngahaha!

My seat was just beside the window (felt glad because I cannot imagine sitting for 1 hour 45 minutes without looking outside/below, seeing the tiny buildings and Amazon-like rivers). It was not as exciting as before, being in a flight for twice in a few months. When I came to KL, I was so excited because the last time I boarded a plane was like...10 years ago XD

Fast forward...after the napping-waking up-napping cycle, we finally landed safely. With a big grin on my face, I marched out together with Zalikha, our pace increased as we were getting nearer towards the gate of phase 5 of happiness. I saw my dad waving. Yo, my dad was waving to me. HAHA. I was told that he was really excited to fetch me from the airport. Awww.

Awesomeness kept on coming after that. I told EVERYTHING, every single bit of story to my family all the way back home in the car. I came to realise that the distant really taught me how to grow up, love and appreciate more. They say I look taller, my arms are bigger (LOL, perhaps after all of the exercises during CG outing?). I know I'm not just growing up physically :)

Well that was my adventure of balik kampung. Tomorrow will be Day 2 at home. Bio report remains untouched. Vitamin C keeps on flashing into my mind. What kind of holiday is this going to be?...

ps. Food is awesome here. Finally, the familiar taste of mother's cooking :D

No comments: