Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Month Later

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow is no ordinary day. It's my going to be my housemate's Physics test day. It's Core Maths day. It's the day I come back late every week. It's Wednesday!

So what? Tomorrow, the 3rd of August 2011 will be the witness of my survival in this place after a remarkable one month period. One month?!! Yes, I managed to be far far away from home for 1 month! Time for some upgrading. Give me another one month! No problem.

Liar, you will say to me. What made me survive this time? What made me not feel extra super duper homesick? What made me successful in not repeating my Form 1 history of running away from boarding school? The answer is not what, but who.

Being far away from your loved ones, you need some new people to show you love. Okay. Stop thinking about what you are thinking right now. I'm not going to say I met a guy and bla bla bla. I just want to say that I've met with a lot of amazing people here, seniors and people in the same batch alike. All from different hometowns, different races, yet their friendliness and kindness sometimes makes me ponder...before coming here, I listened to a song that said:

"In the end sincerity will have no meaning at all"

This is not what I can see here. Seniors show care to you, friends are so far so nice. Sincerity does have meaning. It made me tell myself I am not alone every morning when I take my shower with a reluctant heart to start the day. The kindness of the people I know here keeps me going, constantly living every moment with hope because I know I am not alone. What will you feel if one day you discovered somewhere, people have your name in a list and even before you know them (even before they know you), they have been praying for you. I've just found out that fact a few days ago. While we were busy with our MDS (orientation week), filled with both agony and excitement, there were seniors actually praying for us. Praying that we'll not feel homesick, praying that we'll have courage and strength. From the bottom of my heart, I would just like to say thank you very much to the seniors from Campus Alive!

I know that my mum must be very happy to know that my life here is OK. Don't worry everyone in the house :) God is watching over me :)

Oh ya, new story to tell. Thanks to Caryn, my senior, I had the chance to play guitar over the weekends till todayyyy (played during Campus Revo - my ears felt hot, I was actually nervous) :D It's been a while..my fingers hurt and I feel like a beginner. Yet, I managed to write a new song! It somehow tells about my feelings right now. I didn't manage to complete it before returning the guitar, but maybe I can continue it next time. The verse and chorus goes like this:

Looking at the sky on a dark night,
I always know that You are so close by my side.
Feeling down and lonely on a sunny day,
I can only feel the wind and say it's gonna be OK.

Coz I wanna stand up firm and say,
I can make it tomorrow and today,
and I (.....*cannot think of the lyrics here*)

Give me hope when I feel down,
Give me faith when I am lost,
(...*to be continued*...)



Yeah I cannot think of the lyrics after that. Part of the song was written when I was alone in my room. Part of it came into my mind when I was on the bus, on the way to church one Sunday afternoon.

I guess this is long enough. I should stop typing now and go back to my beloved Core Maths textbook. Till we meet again in another chapter.




1 comment:

Rojakness said...

sugesstion lyric
and I believe there's always a way
For me to have my courage to stay

give me love when you may
give me strength when i got cold feet
your actions towards me could never i defeat

haha.sorry yer.sedih pulak.feels like the song is for me too