Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Second Fingerstyle Cover


It feels so nice to have to time and chance to learn fingerstyle, after years and years believing that I'll never get to do so. It's been six years since I first watched Sungha Jung's videos. If I started to learn straight away during those days, I could've been better now. But well, it's better late than never.

I still find it hard to play without making any mistakes, but I guess it's normal for anyone who has just started playing fingerstyle. I visited many fingerstyle channels and watched their first few videos, and it's completely normal to not have the ability to play perfectly.

This one took me about less than two weeks to learn and almost 30 attempts of recording. I needed to rush to play it since my eczema is eating up my left index finger - which means if it spreads to my fingertips, ha ha ha, habislah. 

Information about this song can be found in the video description. It's pretty much an emo song and I understand people don't like being emo hahah. But I love this song (although I'm not really crazy about the movie). The lyrics are a bit corny and mushy but I guess those are some of the things I love and can never get rid of.

I'm still thinking of what to learn next. I wish I can arrange tabs by myself, but that's something too ambitious to attempt right now.

These are the days where I find myself so happy that at least I've achieved something, but I know it doesn't normally last too long. On a side note, my favourite sister is leaving home tomorrow to continue her studies, and it sucks to see all of my favourite people leaving me behind one by one.

To my favourite people out there, จะได้ไม่ลืมเธอ.

2 comments:

Cindy ツ said...

To one of my favourite people on here, here's a great big thumbs up! (Y) I love it! :D I don't know the lyrics, but I like the melody/tune. So chill and relax (though it supposed to sound emo hahaha) :D

Fee said...

Thanks my favourite Makcik! :D