Monday, February 10, 2014

Raison d'être

I kinda figured that I am not emo, I'm just simply bored. Yep, I'm just pure bored. 


So before I get deceived by my thoughts that say my current point of life is so meaningless, I decided to do something challenging. A guy on YouTube uploaded a fingerstyle version of one of my favourite songs. Sadly there were no tabs and it's not easy to find fingerstyle tabs of Thai songs.

Good thing is that he recorded a close-up shot so yayyy! I just had to follow his fingers and listen to each note very carefully.


But nope, it wasn't easy at all for a noob like me. This must be one of the craziest guitar-related things I've ever attempted. Took me five days (ohkay actually I took 2 days off so those didn't count..). I didn't do anything else, just played the video over and over again, didn't sleep for one whole night because I couldn't stop (stopping makes it harder to start again). 


 And tonight I managed to transcribe the tabs until the end yayyy! It feels so nice to be able to do something that makes me feel I have a raison d'être.


I can't imagine my life without my guitar. 

Yayyy!

So now the adventure begins. Next target is to learn to play this song within one month. I hope I just don't give up, so that next I'll be able to learn River Flows in You (abandoned project...), Ode to Joy, When You Say Nothing at All, Yesterday, In My Life, Under the Sea, and oh, be the next Sungha Jung. Of course I was just kidding.

I'm also planning to repair my second guitar by myself since the shops won't accept him. I don't want a guitar to end up as a garbage. It's cheap, but it doesn't deserve to be thrown away (or smashed..).

I guess life's good, can't complain much.

No comments: