Thursday, April 14, 2011

Growing Up

WAKE UP! You're old already!

A year ago, I was a Form 5 student. A student who didn't think much of SPM. A student who finally had her first experience attending a prefects' camp. A student who didn't receive a lot of birthday wishes on Facebook.

Two years ago, I was an ignorant kid. Form 4 life was miserable without any close friends to share secrets and laughter.

Three years ago, (sorry I can't remember anything starting from this timeline).

............

EIGHTEEN years ago, I said hello to the world.

Well today is just another day. No birthday bashes, no candles, no my-super-sweet-18 with a bunch of intoxicated friends, no Ferrari as a birthday gift. Just wishes and kisses. I mean a kiss. On the cheek. From..................my mummy XD

A lot of things start to happen this month. I can feel that now's the time to really start growing up. In just a few months time, I believe I will be far away from home. Or will I? Who cares, I better prepare an early mindset.

I hate that this fun and 100% relaxing time is almost over. I've been sooo used to this lifestyle. If you ask me, actually I don't want to grow up. The future is so scary to think of. (So it looks like I better don't think about it). But I have to.

I have to say that I'm very grateful today. Thank You, LORD for my family, my teachers, my friends and everyone who helped me (and will be helping me) throughout the process of growing up. Receiving very sincere birthday wishes from friends make me feel that I am not alone after all. Although some people (who are close to me) did forget this date, I guess it's OK. Maybe they're just shy to voice it out. Maybe they're shy to say that they love me. I know they didn't forget.

Life is beautiful. Behind those uncertainties, there are good things to put in mind. Tomorrow will be fine, as long as there is camaraderie. When you know there are people who love you, you know everything will be just fine. I must walk this path. Yes, I am growing up. And I am not walking this path alone.

EDIT: yes candles :P

No comments: