Monday, February 27, 2012

Wow

Going there..not expecting much..

It's not my nature to mix with people that I don't know.

..and it's my first time, meeting and mixing around people like them..

they're living with HIV/AIDS.

..yet we're pretty much the same.

As I sit in front of my laptop, connecting my words into a sentence, I could only think of one thing:

God has no favourites, he loves each and every one of us equally.

Came back from Crisis Home feeling blessed that we had this opportunity for such an eye-opening experience. Admit it, from the stories we hear around us, from all the scary so-called "facts", we pretty much have the fear of HIV/AIDS. Society view it as a death sentence. I used to think the same, but not anymore.

It only took a short while to realise that it is not a death sentence, as we listened to their testimonies and what they all shared. Their hope is found in God, and it's amazing to see their determination to move on and be a testimony and encouragement to others. 

I'm not good in expressing my feelings about these things, honestly. I'm actually very good in long, emo, full of complaints entries. But all I want to say is that I've been truly inspired to be more thankful as I see the smiles that they have. And it feels good when you can mix around, have a good time of fellowship together with the people that you've never really cared to think of before. 

It's amazing that God's love can change hearts.

No comments: