Sunday, January 5, 2014

Street Lights Look Like Pollen Grains


Latest song from me. In the past few months I've been listening to a variety of genres. Not many know that I started rapping when I was 12 (Where is the Love by Black-Eyed Peas). This time I'm challenging myself to write/play something different. I always strum my guitar. It's like the only thing I'm confident about. But it's getting boring, to be honest. Street Lights Look Like Pollen Grains is an experiment to pick up some courage of trying something new. It was played with a very simple chord progression and writing the lyrics took a shorter time than trying to sing and rap to it without any mistakes. Overall, it was a simple song, but I'm glad I have very supportive friends in my life. I never really realised about this before.They are my lyrics.

Songwriting and playing guitar have taught me so many beautiful things. I can't tell you exactly what's the purpose of my works, but I can tell you that these are the things that keep me going. When you do something out of love and nothing else, the feeling is spectacular, regardless of the outcome.

No comments: