Friday, July 3, 2015

Swimming

A few days before the first of July, I was contacted by Nia who asked me whether I was going to be free on that date.

Several vague plans were made--bring extra clothes, we'll be out for the whole day, maybe I should bring my ukulele, we'll be meeting up at the hotel where Kezia's staying, but the most exciting thing I had in mind was YIPPEEE WE'RE GOING TO SWIM IN THE HOTEL POOL!! And of course YIPPEEE I'LL BE GOING OUT TO WHO-KNOWS-WHERE WITH KEZIA AND NIA (or kezinia, pssst don't forget the hashtag).

I half prayed half hoped that nothing will suddenly come up on that date, like replacement classes or important college stuff and luckily, thankfully, I was really going to be free.

As I woke up that morning and was prepared to bathe, my nephew didn't want to come out of the bathroom. I was delayed from my bathing schedule for 10 minutes as he yelled NANA DON'T SCHOOL. I was already nervous that I might be late, plus the fact that Kezia kept on calling me.

Fast forward to the moment I arrived near the hotel, and I called Kezia but she said she was somewhere else. Getting directions from Nia, I slowly gave my sister some instructions to drive to the place, Kezia had to walk a few metres to fetch me because my sister drove past the junction and she was lazy to make a turn. 

I followed Kezia to the familiar place where Cindy used to bring me, Sharon, Amuza, and Nia to back in summer 2013. I told Kezia about this as memories kept flooding into my brain. Little did I know some new surprises were waiting for me...

There was an extra drink on the table and three empty seats. One was between Nia and Kezia, while the other two was next to each other at the opposite side.


What surprised me was that when I wanted to sit at the empty spot, Nia quickly suggested that I should sit at one of the seats where I suspected Kezia's parents were sitting at. That moment my Sherlock instincts nudged me. Why are Kezia's parents not sitting next to other? But then I obliged, because Kezia said only her mum came along.

I patiently waited for Kezia's mum to appear as I felt a touch on my shoulder with a BAHH sound. First thing that played in my mind: EH KEZIA'S MUM IS SO FRIENDLY WITH ME? (I know her mum is friendly...but not in this way). The moment I saw Cindy's face, I knew I have fallen into a trap once again. Why am I so clueless all the time?

So we went into the car after a while and I was still clueless, asking them where were we heading to next and nobody answered me. Kezia said we're going to some coffee place or something and I was like hmm no we're not, but not after playing around with her camera, singing some random Westlife lyrics, and finally noticing we're heading to no where else but the beach. But I didn't want to keep my hopes too high, because as I laughed and told them we were going to the beach, everyone was acting macho and being serious and not entertaining me as if I was being syok sendiri. Thanks guys.

We had a family style lunch and took some pictures using Kezia's camera because it's so cool and I really miss that feeling of familiarity of lame jokes. Cindy however wasn't so talkative like last time and it took a while to korek her out from her wise and meditative shell (sorry I don't know how weird it is to see such a rowdy  loud and crazy person turn into someone who is silent and observing and distant and wise-looking and sopan santun). Kezia was forever lame and Nia was still high-pitched. Nothing peculiar much about those two. 

The gila-gila moment started when we reached Permai Rainforest Resort and changed our clothes before we submerged ourselves in the jungle pool. It was so cold and although the weather was very sunny, the place was shady enough to chill around. There were not many people around but I suspected that we were the loudest (obviously)...and now that I think of it, we might have annoyed the other guests with out laughters and random singing. Cindy brought her guitar and we sang some songs halfway before we all decided to just play in the pool like little kids. We talked and talked and shared jokes that I can't recall, but I can say that I haven't been laughing out loud so freely for so long. 

A few hours late we decided to walk to the beach but it was too sunny to start swimming in the ocean. We chilled at the gazebo where we shared one loaf of bread and one can of tuna spread brought by Kezia. We talked and talked again. We talked about so many things that made me think that nothing else matters. I was there, sitting with these bunch of people again, and this was one of the things I missed the most.

When we finally decided that it's time to go to the beach, I was feeling excited but scared. The beach was wider and bigger than I thought it was, In fact, it looked MASSIVE without anyone else around. While everyone else was already in the water and seemingly so far away in the middle of the ocean, I suddenly felt so scared and hesitant. They started yelling at me and telling me the water was shallow. It was indeed shallow, but in my brain, it was too far from the shore.

I told myself I had to be brave and these people are reliable enough in case something bad happens to me. One important fact: I came into the ocean not knowing how to swim. That very same evening, I was already confident of floating and swimming. The sea isn't such a scary place after all. Thanks Cindy my swimming sifu. (It was kinda scary though when I asked "What's that?" when I saw a leaf in the water but she answered me "No, it's a jerung.") -_-''

When it was time to leave, my heart was very reluctant. It was so fun spitting out salt water. It was so fun to be around fun people. But we had to go back, and before that we took some memorable photos using Kezia's camera that decided to go low batt. My fault for playing around with it too much. 

My favourite part was when we walked out of the water and
Cindy said we must've looked like some sort of boyband.
Anyway we still managed to capture some good photos before we showered and left the place. Cindy wanted to snap a sunset pic and we all followed her back to the beach bridge without being asked to lol. We then spotted two curious sea otters.

This is Cindy (not one of the sea otters) capturing a sunset pic.

Nia and Kezia enjoying the sunset.

On the way back it was already dark and the moon was very clear. Nia asked us to take a video of it and I was thinking oh why not and I was planning to record all three of them as well. 

Suddenly they all started singing happy birthday and I was like ooops screw me who's birthday is it and why can't I remember a thing? I only realised what's happening when Nia handed me a packaging. The best part was that I totally didn't expect this. And I totally didn't expect what was inside. How did these people learn the art of giving and surprising? I am still baffled.

I changed my shirt in the car just like when I was little I bought a Postman Pat set of t-shirt and shorts and changed to it right away. I was that excited. I still am today.

Cindy dropped us in front of the hotel and we had dinner with Kezia's parents and Kezia's mum's friend. (Not before I almost destroyed the hotel room's door's lock mechanism.) Kezia showed some lame and epic funny videos of Kezinia Tourgether moments. We chilled at the lobby and heard some of Kezia's childhood stories from her mum. 

I went back home late that night. I couldn't sleep and couldn't stop uploading the pictures on Instagram. It's been too long since I had some memorable times with a great company. 

Cindy, thanks for teaching me how to swim. Thanks for driving us here and there and being like the eldest among us heuhuehuehue. I'm glad you came out of the shell that day HAHAHA. Thanks for all the pranks and surprises and gifts you never stop giving to me. I can never pay back all of your kindness haha (nervous laugh). 

Nia, thanks for also becoming one of the masterminds lol. Your high-pitch jokes are funny and rare. Your hyperness is contagious. Thanks for the card and gift and the heartfelt message. I can also never pay back all of your kindness lol. Don't worry about not being able to swim yet hahahaha. 

Kezia, you kaki buli but very lovable friend hahaha. Thanks for being part of all the pranks and lies. Thanks for your super HD very canggih can connect wifi camera. Thanks also for the gifts and dinner and all the dinners to come hueheuheuhe. 

I hope one day I can be rich and famous and I can belanja you guys in my private jet to Vegas or somewhere ok of course I'm kidding. It was a really good day and I'm thankful that I met these people in Intec. Imagine not going to Intec HAHAH I can't imagine my super boring life without all these crazy but sincere friends. Just like what I've said, you guys gave me a new definition of summer holidays and this hometown that I didn't really like lolll. Now every place around this city marks a certain memory that I will never forget. You guys are so selfless and thoughtful people that I want to learn from all the time. You guys are gems. (Gems okay, not germs.)

"I know these will all be stories someday. And our pictures will become old photographs. We'll all become somebody's mom or dad. But right now these moments are not stories. This is happening. I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you're not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment I swear, we are infinite. " --The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


Well I have been searching all of my days 
All of my days 
Many a road, you know 
I've been walking on 
All of my days 
And I've been trying to find 
What's been in my mind 
As the days keep turning into night 

Well I have been quietly standing in the shade 
All of my days 
Watch the sky breaking on the promise that we made 
All of this rain 
And I've been trying to find 
What's been in my mind 
As the days keep turning into night 

 Well many a night I found myself with no friends standing near 
All of my days 
I cried aloud I shook my hands 
What am I doing here 
All of these days 
For I look around me 
And my eyes confound me
And it's just too bright 
As the days keep turning into night 

Now I see clearly 
It's you I'm looking for 
All of my days 
Soon I'll smile 
I know I'll feel this loneliness no more 
All of my days 
For I look around me 
And it seems you've found me 
And it's coming into sight 
As the days keep turning into night 
As the days keep turning into night 
And even breathing feels all right 
Yes, even breathing feels all right 
Now even breathing feels all right 
It's even breathing 
Feels all right


2 comments:

Nia G. said...

I can read this all over n over again haha ^^

Fee said...

I knowwww you like the part where there's a pic of you and Kezia enjoying the sunset kan? Kannnn? XD XP