Sunday, November 22, 2009

My New Buddy

Finally.
After months of research (haha) and a lot of patience - the moment has finally came true. Oh la la. I am so glad. Glad but sad. Glad that now there's a new buddy in my room - and oh, sad that I had to bid farewell to my RMxxx. Haha!

A three-digit guitar is always better than a Kapok, everyone knows that. But for me, I am so very thankful to my Kapok which had made my left hand way stronger over the past few years. On my Kapok I learnt the basics of the most basic. I learnt barre chords - and very recently I learnt how to solo. I've improved a lot I think. Well, not that bad as a self-taught guitarist xD

Back to the new buddy. It's a Santa Cruz. As you can see on the picture above, I chose one with a cutaway shape. The reason is because currently I'm teaching myself to play lead. Oh, it's a long way to go..

Purchased it at Lee's. Oh boy, that place certainly rocks! I was actually only surveying yesterday, but I ended up falling in love with this guitar after they asked me to try it. Straight away, I reserved it, took a look on some pretty cool bags, asked for bonus items (got a free pick & strap at least), felt that I might need a capo in the future and waalaa. Discounts. Today everything is in my room.

The people there treats you as if you're the one and only valuable customer. You actually don't need the skills and researches. They do all of it for you - your budget and whatever. Haha. I was too excited that I didn't even catch and digest what did the guy said. In my mind was only the guitar. Plus hundreds of guitars around me o.O

For anyone who's searching for a guitar, I recommend this place. They have everything there. You don't need to wait until you become a hi-so kid to get a guitar there. I was totally wrong. Most of them are really affordable and reasonable actually :) Plus like I said, service is excellent. They greet you on your first step to the store and you can try any of the guitars you want. Okay. Enough of that. I really sound sakai.

Oho. And I saw a Fender Strat package of "stop dreaming start playing" at only RM 1000+. I saw a white les paul at RM700+. This is driving me crazy. Just wait and see. I'll be at Lee's again in 2 years time. Hopefully.

Looks like I have to join another essay-writing competition
;)

Thank You LORD.

No comments: