Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Misusing "Sorry"

"Hello, bla bla bla (name of organisation/office) here, may I speak to Mr. Mazlan?"

"Huh? Mazlan? Sorry, wrong number." *thinks for a while*...maybe I listened wrongly (self-monologue).
*Speaks again* "Uh, Mr. Mazlan izit?"

"Yes, yes."

"Ooh sorry sorry, wrong number. Sorry."

"Oh, OK."

Tuttt tuttt tutttt.

**********

Now I realise that it's true, I have this disorder of saying sorry too much in inappropriate occasions. Why on earth did I have to say sorry to the one who made a wrong phone call asking for a person I don't even know, to the one who caused me to pause my MV on my laptop and to run to the door, checking if it's a miss call to indicate someone's been knocking while I'm not listening ==''

Sorry la, that's why I never love answering phone calls, especially on the house phone ==''

No comments: