Saturday, September 22, 2012

Stop

OK, stop reading and start scolding.

I'm so sorry that I'm here instead of studying. I'm so sorry that actually I was doing my Bio report when suddenly I stopped.

Because the rain stopped me.

God, forgive me for breaking my promise, but when inspiration came, I just couldn't stop it. I'll make this post fast.

I wrote a song in 40 minutes, which was, in fact, completed a few milliseconds ago.

Stop
(Listen to the Rain)

There's too much music in life
With earphones on, we're singing songs
We think it can make us survive

Why search for something so far?
Why do we yearn for other sounds
When the closest one is where we are

Sitting alone
In this darkness of the night
With the music on
Everything's gone
I'm just floating like a kite

I close my eyes
Asking God why
When suddenly
It came to me
The raindrops from the dark sky

Pre-chorus
We try so hard sometimes
To force all things to rhyme
God gave us music in the simplest thing
But are we still going to sing?

Chorus
Why don't you stop, stop?
Listen to the rain, rain
Don't waste your time to think
Of the things you can't explain

Stop (stop)
Listen to the rain
Feel the breeze hitting your ears
Let go of all your fears
Tonight there's no more tears
________________________________

Let me tell you what happened.

I was doing my report and I thought that listening to some music might be nice to kill the boredom. Well I chose to listen to some songs which are not that helpful anyway, yeah, the ones that just happened to be in my playlist because I loved them years ago.

Then suddenly I felt raindrops hitting on my face as I was (and am) sitting next to a window which was (is?) wide opened.

Then I thought of how I spend most of my time with my headphones/earphones on, as a way to escape the noises around me, especially when I'm in class and I'm just tired of the noises I don't want to listen to. Or on the bus when the radio station just happens to kill my eardrums. Or when I feel emo, I just don't want to hear the voices of people around me.

It made me feel that if I choose to still shut my ears with my headpones when it's raining outside, I'm missing out a naturally played music which only comes once in a while, not like those voices, not like those songs.

So this song was written.

No, listening to songs is not wrong. And yes, some people might not like the sound of the raindrops. And uh, after asking people to smell the rain, now it's listen to the rain.

By the time I have free time to record this, I might have forgotten how it sounds like.

So let's just see how things will go.

Scold me for not studying.

No comments: