Sunday, September 1, 2013

From Me, to All of You

This song still brings tears to my eyes. I hate goodbyes. Because all my life, I never had friends who grew up together with me, still walking hand-in-hand in every stage of my life. It was always distance that grew us apart.

Tomorrow my UCD friends will be leaving. Then those to Ukrida. Then Manipal. Then RCSI. 

But no matter what, I tell myself that perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. It will take time for me to stop thinking that we're scattered all over the globe, and above all, this song really tells what my heart has to say to each of them, who made my past two years a time worth remembering.


วันวานวันที่แสนเหนื่อย เรานั่นเคยทุกข์ทนด้วยกัน 
Wan waan wan tee saen neuay Rao nan keui took ton duay gan. 
Yesterdays…were extremely tiring days. We had endured hardship together. 
มีน้ำตาและมีรอยยิ้มเดียวกัน 
Mee nam data lae mee roy yim dieow gan 
There were tears and also smiles. 
เราเคยกอดคอร้องไห้ มีมากมายที่เราพลาดไป 
Rao keui got ko rong-hai Mee maak maai tee rao plaad bpai 
We have cried on each others’ shoulders. There were a lot of mistakes that we’ve made. 
อยากตามฝันแต่ไม่รู้ว่าอยู่ตรงไหน 
Yaak dtaam fan dtae mai roo waa yoo dtrong nai 
We desire to follow our dreams, but we don’t know where they are. 

*แต่ใจเรารู้ ว่าเราเกิดมาเพื่อลำบาก 
Dtae jai rao roo Waa rao gert maa puea lam-baak 
But in our hearts, we know that we were born into hardship. 
อยากเป็นดั่งฝันต้องสู้ไป 
Yaak bpen dang fan dtong su pai 
If we want to live out our dreams, we must fight on. 
จากกันวันนี้ ขอให้เราเป็นเหมือนดังเก่า 
Jaak gan wan nee Kor hai rao bpen meuan dang gao 
If we separate today, please let us be the same like in the past. 
เก็บความฝันเราเก็บเอาไว้ 
Gep kwaam fan rao gep ao wai 
Keep our dreams, don’t lose them. 

**โชคดี เพื่อนคงจะเจอ ทุกสิ่งที่ดี ที่เคยฝันไว้ 
Choke dee, peuan kong ja jer took sing tee dee, tee keui fan wai 
Good luck my friend, may you meet everything good which you’ve dreamt of. 
จะไม่ลืม วันนี้ไปจนวันตาย แล้วเจอกันใหม่ เพื่อนเอย 
Ja mai leum wan nee bpai jon wan dtaai Laew jer gan maai peuan eui 
I’ll never forget this day until the day I die. Till we meet again, my friend. 
โชคดีเพื่อนคงจะเจอ ทุกสิ่งที่ดี ที่เคยฝันไว้ 
Choke dee, peuan kong ja jer took sing tee dee, tee keui fan wai 
Good luck my friend, may you meet everything good which you’ve dreamt of. 
จะไม่ลืมวันนี้ไปจนวันตาย แล้วเจอกันใหม่เพื่อนเอย (เพื่อนเอย.....) 
Ja mai leum wan nee bpai jon wan dtaai Laew jer gan maai peuan eui (Peuan eui..) 
I’ll never forget this day until the day I die. Till we meet again, my friend. (My friend…) 

วันวานหากยอมแพ้พ่าย ความหวังเราก็คงสิ้นไป 
Wan waan hahk yorm pae paai Kwahm wang rao gor kong sin bpai 
Yesterday, if we gave up, our hopes might end as well. 
หมดความหวังและชีวิตคงหมดความหมาย
Moht kwahm wang, lae cheewit kong moht kwahm maai 
Without hope, our lives would become meaningless. 
 ______________________________ 

Back in a few years ago, I thought I could dedicate this to my friends in high school. But now, I realise we never really had extremely tiring days. We never endured hardship together. We never cried on each others' shoulders. 

So this one, this time, I dedicate to you guys who have allowed me to cry on your shoulders for so many times.

No comments: