Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Read..

..books..

..halfway nowadays.

And now that I'm almost reaching 19, I have this regret of not reading more books when I was in secondary school. 

I used to grow up with books, having bed-time stories almost every night as a kid, borrowing up to five books from the library every week and going to the bookstore to get at least two books every month. As I get older, everything changed. Moved to an area where the nearest library isn't decent enough, books are darn expensive and the awesome state library is too far from my home. Well, I sound like complaining, but we cannot blame the people of this country for their lack of interest in reading.

As far as I can remember, I started to read less once I entered secondary school. Academic things and textbooks suddenly became the main priority. Carrying an English novel was not a style in a not-so-town-school like mine. Honestly English has forever been my favourite subject, and I love language subjects more than science and maths, but I can't state a reason why I read less other than one typical reason: I didn't have time to do so.

Gone were the days when I can just finish a novel in one sitting. 

I believe that if I had read more during my early teen years, I could probably write way better than this now. I had a very good, steady start as a young kid, alas I didn't continue with it. So kids, pick up a book today. Before you get old like me and start questioning yourself. 

And yeah, I keep on jumping from one book to another after reading each book halfway this holiday. Me too lazy or the books are too boring? :X


No comments: