Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day...I Don't Know

Day 5 was the last update I had here eh?

Been home for exactly 2 weeks now. Human beings adapt pretty well, I have to say. Two weeks sound so long so I guess my blog deserves an update.

Accomplished a few things. Learnt a few things. Failed a few things. 

Arranged a hangout session with a good friend from secondary school a few days ago. Reason why I think it's a pretty huge thing because a) I don't normally meet up with my friends here; b) I applied what I learnt from the people of SA when I met her; because c) She told me a few weeks ago that she had lost her hope in God; and d) It wasn't a coincidence that she chose to contact me, the one over the sea, out of many other friends here, to share her problem with; and e) I kept on saying that I'm always the one receiving and receiving and I also want to give encouragement to someone; and f) I see this as a chance of God using me. 

Although I don't see how significant my help was towards her, but talking through experience, especially during those depressing days in college when I needed people to talk to and to express my emotions emoness, I believe I did make a change. At least now she knows that she has a friend who won't judge her because God didn't tell us to judge and condemn people. Well I'm not here to brag about how good I am as a friend because that's not the truth, but all I want to say is that I see God creating opportunities even though sometimes it's quite hard to realise.

I still can't force myself to wake up at 4, despite having the ability to resist any online activities for the past few days. I don't know if this whole thing is going to work well, but I have to say it's so tough to stay disciplined - it's easy to plan things and get motivated but too bad the motivation doesn't last long and I'm fed up of being in this cycle.

Talking about less serious things, well, I finally had a new haircut yesterday. Actually wanted to cut it way shorter but I was too scared, and yeah, it turned out not like I expected it to be. 

Started teaching myself drumming without drums thanks to a YouTube dude who shared some lessons, haha. I don't think I'm able to go far, considering that I have a whole load of other things to focus on if I want to ace my exams. Just learnt about quarter notes and eighth notes, not sure whether I should continue. Wisdom needed in time management if I really want to get serious in learning drums.

I have to admit I'm scared that time for me to study will not be enough during this break. It's so not fun to procrastinate, but ah, it's not easy to not be me. And it's not easy to be me as well.

Oh I just don't get myself sometimes.

3 comments:

Tysle said...

Oh, wow! Glad that you had that opportunity to meet up and share life with your friend. :) Tee hee! There are no such thing as coincidences cause everything happens for a reason according to God's plan. And it's really cool cause God can make something big out of our seemingly small actions. Just like what Pastor shared a while ago about the boy with 5 loaves and 2 fish (FLATfish) or like Moses' staff - it's just a piece of wood but in God's hand, it can be a miracle.

Continue to desire to be used by God and expect God to move mightily in situations. Seek him first in all circumstances and things will fall into place.

Lots of love,
Tricia :)

Fee said...

Yep Tricia! I'm glad that I had the chance to give back what God has given me through others for the past semesters :)

Thanks to friends like you as well ;)

Tysle said...

Continue being on fire for God. With Holy Spirit as our "oil", we will never burn out!

*tackle hugs*