Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Song Number 8

So there was this sudden tune in my mind when I strummed some random chords a few days ago.

Started taking it seriously on the 18th and managed to complete it on the 20th. 

Like most of the songs I've written before, this is just another simple song which won't really stick in people's minds. The reason I keep on doing this is simple - when you really love doing something, you don't need to find a reason why you keep going on, because no matter what the outcome is, you've enjoyed what you've done. Let's just say I'm one of those people who enjoys expressing thoughts and feelings through words and music. The ones who have the desire to be noticed but unnoticed at the same time. Hmm. I've just found a sentence I can use to describe myself. 

Enough with the long-windedness, here you go:

RAINDROPS IN MY SUMMER

Verses:
You
came into my life just like a morning dew
sunset with a purple hue
Just like a dream
yet so true

You
make my heart skip a beat or two
hum songs that make my days brand new
Make me tap my feet
'cause in my heart there's a tune

Pre-chorus:
Do you know the feeling?
Dancing on the dry leaves I'm stepping
Walking on a sunny day
The strong breeze hits my face

Chorus:
You might be the raindrops in my summer
But don't you know you're the sunshine in my winter too
The sounds of wind in autumn are your whispers
As the flowers bloom I see your smiles too

Everything around me
just reminds me of you
Yes, you!

*Instrumental*

Bridge:
Maybe I look like a fool dancing in the rain
Maybe it's hard to forget the pain
but rain or sunshine in my summer I don't want to care anymore
All I want to do, is to thank you

Ends with chorus
___________________________________________

And as usual, here comes the long story, so that I can refer to this one day and laugh at my own innocent 19-years-old way of thinking.

You might have your own interpretation, you might see this as another typical love song, you might feel geli about the lyrics (haha) but chill, chill, I don't write stupid love songs (well maybe I do, unintentionally).

I'm very particular about lyrics, I don't only listen to songs just for fun, that's one of the reasons I write lyrics for myself. Sometimes I just can't find a song that really tells about my feelings.

The reason I chose "Raindrops in My Summer" as the title is because I love songs and poems that talk about seasons. To me, Raindrops in Summer symbolises something good, yet bad, something you can love, yet hate, and I think it carries the meaning of the whole thing I'm trying to say in this song. In life, there's always a person who can be harsh to you, scold you, neglect you, abandon you, or ignore you, but when you love that person, you can never really hate them. I'm not talking about lovers here. Or crushes. I'm talking about other categories of people and I leave that one for you to figure out.

My first listener didn't like this song because she said it sounds like another depressing love song. 

But I can assure you that this song is very different from the others songs I've written, mainly because I tried to avoid direct usage of words in conveying my meaning because I didn't want to make everything too clear. Every single feeling, every single thoughts have been linked with the surroundings - the things you see and do on a typical day - step on dry leaves, watch the sunset, hum songs, tap your feet, etc. The only two clear things are the end of the chorus and the end of the bridge.

I also managed to write something for the bridge, which is not normal for me to do because I always run out of ideas. I figured out an instrumental solo on my guitar as well, but since I don't have someone to help me play that part (considering that I need to play the rhythm at the same time), I had to omit it while recording.

I love this song, but still I think gone are the days when I can write something as good as Smell the Rain. (I said 'good', not 'great' - yes, I know the difference between those two). XD

Will upload this once I get 20 views for the previous song. No kidding. Lol.

Time to sleeeeeeeep.


No comments: