Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Live from Somewhere

(Not in Akasia!)

Hey all. It's been a while since I last talked to myself, blame finals. Errk, no, don't blame finals. I was just too lazy to talk about my life even after finals ended.

Here I am, still in the land of far far away, but slightly getting myself close to my other home. Akasia's been a good home of mine, I have to admit, especially after staying there for past few months (five months, to be exact) without returing to my hometown. Akasia is home, although some time ago I called it a 'sick place'. Forget about that moment. I was sick, not Akasia.

I'm emo-ing right now, being a solo traveller is not fun, thinking of the friends I left behind in Akasia, thinking of everything that happened in the past semester, gah, I'm starting to get into a mode that I hate the most.

Nostalgic mode.

I hate myself for thinking about memories too much.

The second semester has really been a good one, there were fun moments, which were even better than in the first semester. There were moments of getting to know each other better, especially in CA, where I've found my family here in this place. For that very same reason, the thoughts of leaving Akasia make me homesick. 

Fluctuating moods made my second semester quite an interesting one. I am truly thankful that I'm sent miles away from my family, because only through this, I got the chance to learn a lot from others. I learn to deal with my problems alone, which were quite painful at times, but thank God, some friends are like siblings and I find myself opening up more to people compared to how I was in the past few years. I was never really this honest before. Sincerity made me honest. And I find sincerity here. Well I think so.

I used to be excited of coming home, but this time, I don't really feel it. I've been away for too long, I guess. 

Coming back next semester will not be the same, and it's something that all of us juniors will have to deal with. Seniorhood is coming. I can't remember how it felt like to be a senior in high school. Anyway, I guess it's time to grow up as there will be no more seniors taking care of us anymore, not that I've been too dependent on them (or maybe I was?), but rather because I love learning from people and I've always loved something like a senior-junior bond. 

I am not going to get mushy here.

Just to distract me from my emo-ness, I am currently on 9gag. Feel like sleeping but I can't, because I'm alone. Flight is in 4 hours to go. I don't feel like doing anything else than saying out everything that I've been accumulating in my heart this semester.

Here comes the thank yous.

So, basically last night I was running here and there just to say goodbye, for no other reason than "I just feel like doing so". I just want to thank each and every individual who have been there for me, never got fed up of talking to me, and just simply showing me and teaching me on how to love others as well. It's a "pass it on" thingy. I had countless times of free foods, free ice-creams, free books and free notes this semester, funny (and fun) indeed, it made me feel so loved because people were never really nice to me back in my hometown. For that reason, I never really cared about people too before I came here.

And ah, all the worries of academics, how beautiful it was to just hold hands with your friends and pray for each other. And all these were made possible through the bond created from CA :)

So thanks, "lame chops", batchmates from CA, roommate, housemates, churchmates, awesome seniors,  neighbours, random people who exchanged smiles, classmates etc.

Most important of all, thanks to those who were being real to me :)

So...ending this blog entry, I officially annonce that my second semester in the college of far far away has ended. Another chapter closed. Third semester awaits me in two months time. 

Found this on 9gag:

Time to read a novel :)

No comments: