Thursday, May 17, 2012

One Year (and One Month, 4 Days) Later

Yesh. That's the exact period of time since I last stepped to this place.

Try guess where am I. Nah, it ain't supposed to be a riddle. I'm in the State Library, located a few kilometres from my home, and that's not the main thing I'm thinking about.

One year, one month and 4 days ago, I came here for the first time in my life as an innocent teen who was about to turn 18 on the next day. I was full of hope, full of anxiety, full of dreams.

I was taking the step I really dreamt of before facing my SPM. I was going to the first interview I had in my life. I had my JPA interview here.

Passing by the discussion room made me smile, thinking of that day when I spoke English like never before (I still remember how I used to curse inside my head whenever I ran out of ideas to answer the questions during the interview), that day I kept on stepping on my baju kurung as I went down the stairs, that day when I made friends and talked to a few town students. One year has indeed passed so fast.

Enough with the nostalgic feelings, well I'm here none other for the reason of *coughs* doing some research for my Bio Unit 3 issue report. I never took it seriously whenever I went to the college library (kept on going to the racks of novels instead..), so I am taking it seriously here. And this may be the last time I'm coming here for this semester break because it's so far from my home. I wish I could walk here.

So yeah. It's fun to come back to a certain place that unwinds your memories and reminds you of how young you used to be XD

Now allow me to get back to the books and flip through the pages again, please.

No comments: