Monday, November 12, 2012

Fix You


I never knew this song existed, not until earlier this month when it was featured in my church's campus Christmas production.

When I listened to the first line, it felt like this was the song I've been searching for all these while.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


If I were to listen to this back in a few years ago, it might have meant nothing to me.

So when I found out that my neighbour living downstairs agreed to make a song cover together, I suggested this song.

This is my first ever song collab recording with a friend. It has always been my dream to play music with friends and record songs together. Looking forward to more chances in the future.

2 comments:

Fern said...

Ooooo.. niceeee.. kinda wish I did some cover with you now. =( =( Enjoy your holidays by the way!! =D

Fee said...

Yeah, we should have done some recording during our jam session haha :)