Thursday, November 22, 2012

Three Years Old

It's my buddy's third birthday today. Three years ago, he was the best one I ever held in my arms. That was, of course, before I even knew that I would sooner have the chance to play a Yamaha, SX, Takamine, and just a few months ago, a Taylor.



And ironically...he has three scratches.




I always wanted an electric guitar, but lately I realised that there are so many things I haven't discovered yet about acoustic guitars. There are so many other interesting things which I haven't learnt and mastered. You know that when strumming becomes something so plain, it's time to learn new stuffs to spice up the strums. In fact, if someone decides to give me 1000 bucks right now, I would go for another acoustic.

Well right now the main reason why I want an electric is that I realise the fact that I can't sing, and having an electric means there are more chances to play rock solos, so if I get good in playing solos I wouldn't have to sing. See the whole picture? It's like the guitar doing the singing for you.

So because I have this friend who told me to make the best of what we have...I'm not giving up on fingerstyle, because being able to play fingerstyle is also my dream. And this guitar is great enough for fingerstyle, thanks to the low action despite having a brand name that clearly indicates that it's a counterfeit XD

Might be coming out with a basic fingerstyle cover next month with this 3-year-old buddy, if I have enough time to practise the whole song.

No comments: