Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rights and Wrongs

A few months ago, our English lecturer asked the whole class to stand up one by one and state our principles in life.

I love talking about abstract things.

Our principles. Our attitudes. The way we see things.

Back in a few years ago, my circle of friends wasn't that wide. I never got to know my friends' backgrounds. How they were raised. What happened during their childhood. Who did they mix with the most. How they handle life.

As much as I hate college life, well I have to admit it does teach me a thing or two.

Our principles. Our attitudes. They way we see things. The way we handle situations.

They don't just come overnight. 

It's a long story. Twisting and turning, sometimes it sounds like a fairytale, sometimes a drama. Sometimes it's tragedy. They say the past should remain in the past, but the truth is you can never leave what has shaped you into who you are today.

Some of us might not understand why certain people behave in certain ways. Why some people dwell in anger. Why we choose to act in different ways. Why we despair in things which look so trivial in the eyes of others. Our experiences differ, maybe that's why.

For human beings to understand each other is no simple task. Sometimes I don't understand myself as well.

It's easy to blame others. It's easy to fall into self-pity. 

But when you start to see too much blaming around you, too much finger-pointing, too much selfishness, too much anger, what will you do? 

Our experiences, our upbringing, well, sometimes they are similar in a few aspects.

But it's still possible for different people take the same things differently.

Everyone screams. We all do. But most of the time, we don't scream in the same way. 

Some scream in silence.

No comments: