Thursday, November 29, 2012

Money

I hate to grumble about money, but this is exploding inside me.

Sent a picture of my damaged guitar to a local music store exactly one year after purchasing it (not from the same shop). I asked how much would it cost to fix the damage. The answer was not so shocking, but definitely something I wouldn't want to hear, (a) because it's almost the same price with the guitar itself, and (b) I wouldn't want to spend that amount of money on something I'm not very sure of.

Approximate cost will be RM 150. Very affordable for most of us. You see, sometimes our biggest lie is that we keep on saying we don't have money. But that biggest lie is somehow, sometimes true.

I have a piggy bank that I kept since Form 1. But I  just can't bring myself to spend something that I had thriftily saved day by day, week by week from my daily pocket money which I almost never touched when I was in my early secondary school days. I hate college. (a) because it took away my true self, the one that knew I shouldn't be spending like a rich kid and (b) because I spent money more than I study during these past one and a half year I've been away from home.

I'm not crazy for money, no I'm not. 

I pretty much know as well that even when you have tonnes of money, you're not necessarily happy. But my personal opinion on how money can buy happiness has never ever changed, to be honest.

You have money, you get to eat. You get to buy stuffs. 

I know it sounds (very) immature.

As for my guitar, I don't know. Never had enough to bring one into the house in the first place anyway.

It was just me who always wanted one because it makes me happy. And I got my second one because the first one was barely playable. That was after four years of patience, and those who heard the story about it knows how did I eventually got one. I stole it. Just kidding. And the third because I needed a travel guitar which is durable/small/light enough to be stuffed into the overhead compartment of an airplane.

Quoting from a song by Silly Fools,
"It's hard when nothing is ever enough"

Well. That's kinda true. Especially when it comes to money matters.

"You even need money to enter a toilet", that's what someone mentioned to me not long ago.

No comments: