Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Friday!

I love Fridays. Very very much. Goodbye UKII, say hello to holidays! Yeahaa.. I've been waiting for this time for ages. Can't believe that now I can forget (for a while) about all those electrochemical series, formula of std deviation, mesophyll pallisade (is that how the professors spell it) thingy.

The gig I told you guys in the previous post wasn't really cool. I mean it was cool, but not so fun as last year. With no Impin around, it feels weird. Last year, whenever they bring their guitars, the will jam together - a specific song, sing together, pretending to have drums and it was really lively. This year they just bring their guitars but don't seem to really play together. It's more less like "you teach me and I teach you" this year. Well, I still think it's a lot more better than the Dahlians who are facing extinction of boys who are musically inclined. I'm not mengutuk, I'm just trying to "compare and contrast".

My fingers must be very happy today. Met with a Santa Cruz, a Fendar (not a spelling error fellas), a semi-acoustic Santa Cruz (waooww..), and the kenalan lama, Kapok. Santa Cruz is Griffin's, semi-acoustic is Harvie's, Fendar is Gareth's and Kapok is Mavrick's. Surprisingly my ear has a chemistry with Gareth's Fendar. It was the right time to compare and contrast - and I finally have to admit the Fendar has the best sound among all. I still can't figure out why. That was the fun part - trying out all of the guitars!

I recorded myself playing a few Thai song on the guitar and singing along last night. No way, I'm totally not going to upload it because it really does sound terrible. Should I blame my Kapok? Or it is just me who's at fault for not playing well? I don't no. No one is here to judge how bad or good I play. I wish I had somone to teach me. Whatever, I'll keep on playing just for fun (eventhough deep inside I dream to play fingerstyle superbly one day). Heehee..

My guitar string (G) needs to be changed in a few months time from now I guess. Yesterday I noticed that it's already pecah but not putus yet. (oh man, not again..)

There's a melodica on my table. I'm figuring out how to play it. But no, I still don't know.

Guess that's all. I'm really in the mood of holidays.
I cannot endure in silence.
I still want a Fender Strat. Please fall from the ceiling. Please.
~talking nonsense again~

No comments: