Friday, August 7, 2009

Current Obsession

Okay, here it goes.
First, I watched Song Kram Nang Fah (Battle of Angels).
Second, I felt attracted to the pra'ek. (btw pra'ek means hero)
Third, I did some research - what's his name? (oh, ok..Kong Saharat)
4th, I searched through YouTube. (ohh..he's also a singer..)
5th, WHAT? he's a guitarist from a band called Nuvo?
and finally.. I Became A Fan of Nuvo, automatically.
and that's my current obsession.

Man, they are just so awesome. That's what I call real Thai music, better than what we listen to now. The new era of Thai music is just sometimes too K-pop-ally / J-pop-ally inclined. Y'know what I mean. Not to say that the new generation of singers are bad, but for me, I prefer the oldies~ xD

So I haven't told you guys that this band had their first album in 1988. I'm sure you're laughing at me right now. They split in 1993 but reunited in 2001. Last year they released another album, "Love You Never Die"

Back to Kong Saharat again. This dude is awesome. I was flabbergasted the first time I watched their concert videos. He can really play solo. Awesome dude~ The feeling of wanting to own a Fender Strat becomes greater and greater as I watch him play. Man I hope tonight a Fender Strat will fall from the ceiling and land on my bed. xD

If you don't believe in me, please kindly spend 10 minutes on this clip. Kindly hit the "play" button please.. You will be impressed by his talent (and as for me, his style in playing + his charming face as well) -grins-grins-


For you guys who's still wondering who is Kong Saharat. To know more, read my previous post.




Nuvo now and then. (grinning alone in front of the PC)

The songs that I like most from them are:
สุดสุดไปเลย [Soot..soot Pai Lerei], หลับตา (โต๋)[Lap Dtaa], ไม่เป็นไรเลย [Mai Pen Rai Lerei], โง่งมงาย [Ngoh Ngom Ngai] and หลอกกันเล่นเลย

Currently practising หลับตา (โต๋) on the guitar. Planning to make a cover, but I'm afraid I'll screw it all up later on.

I guess that's all for now. Keep on rockin'
and hello August! :)

*So many Malaysian lakorn lovers searching about Song Kram Nang Fah these past few days. Sweet~

Nuvo on Thai wikipedia

No comments: