Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Original SPM Song: 30 Days

Ideas and inspiration flow during the weirdest time. When thrill, stress and anxiety conquers yourself, creativity blooms and blossoms.

OK, enough with the long intro. I've been beating around the bush too much lately. Here's the song:



30 Days (an SPM song)

Looking through the window
One Sunday evening
My calendar's full of crosses
and it carries a meaning

What's acceleration?
In Physics we can see
but just like Miss Kho says
hey, "Why don't you tell me?"

[Pre-chorus]
'Coz time is passing by so fast
and the day will come to me at last
In a matter of time, today will become the past...(1, 2, 3, 4!)

[Chorus]
I can't believe it's 30 days to go
My heart is pounding
and I wish that day will never show

And maybe 30 days is just too short
When everyday is spent by laughing and joking a lot
How can I forget the joy we got
in 30 days...


My reference books and papers
are lying on the floor
and I just start cramming
the moment once I close my door

In school you see me laughing
but just like you, I'm scared
One thing's for sure - I'm fighting
Till I can get so well-prepared

[Repeat pre-chorus and chorus]

[solo]

[Repeat chorus]

Trivia:
  • I started writing this song on 24th October 2010 - exactly 30 days before SPM and completed it three days later.
  • This is my second self-written song after "Thank You for the Day".
  • I've never learnt music formally, so this song isn't so great :P
  • Miss Kho in verse 2 is my EST teacher. She's awesome. And yep, that's a quote from her in the following line.
  • There must be grammatical errors in the song. (Which I cannot detect so far).
  • Over all I'm happy with this song. It's better than my first one and at least it rhymes :P

© 2010 Fee A. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not distribute or exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Don't say you wrote it, it isn't an awesome song after all.

In loving memory of SPM 2010. May my soul be a happy one when the results are released.

No comments: