Monday, February 21, 2011

People

Tonight I choose to talk about people. (Wah, very formal intro).

I'm an average person when it comes to social skills. I don't hate blending around with people, but I do feel awkward when I meet people for the first time and communicate with them. If the person is friendly and talkative, it's not that bad. I wait for people to talk to me first, and I'm not the type of person who has the guts to walk around and say hi randomly to people I meet for the first time.

I don't consider myself as a friendly person. I takes a very long time for me to get used to someone and joke around with them. Reflecting back my school life, there were like only some people who I get pretty comfortable blending around with - and these people are those who I have known for one or two years. Those who I remember as friends are those who had at least left a good memory with me by what they have done - it doesn't matter how big or small it was, what matters most are the smiles and laughter. After some time, I can get pretty talkative to some people - it just depends on the time and person.

For me, dealing with people is difficult. Sometimes different people just seem to make you feel angry intentionally. I had a bad experience a few years ago. Words did make me hurt. Over the years, when I think back, it's just nothing. One person is just so different from the others and that difference causes people to either fight or blend well. I don't really care if a person is very different from me, as long as she's nice to me.

If you ask me why am I talking about this, I have the answer. Dealing with people will be one of the greatest challenges I'll face soon. There's a probability that I'll be away from home soon - well, I'm not very certain about that but it's good to prepare a good mindset early. Leaving school life also means meeting with new people you don't even know. Honestly, I feel a bit uneasy.

To wrap everything up, here's something to share:
People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

It's a great thing to make people happy.

No comments: