Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hmmpphhh

As one of the very few people from my class who is not going back during this study leave, I was asked to take our previous Bio test papers from our lecturer.

And as a normal curious human being, of course I took the chance to look at my classmates' marks (and despairing at mine for being the second lowest again..).

There's this bunch of guys in my class, I don't know how do they normally study, but they are always late for class, sleep in class without hiding their sleepiness, yet still get double the marks that I always obtain.

And there's this bunch of kaki jalan, kaki wayang, kaki whatever, who looks as if they never bothered to study, yet still can do way better than me.

As life in college goes on, now I fully comprehend that we all have our own strengths, something that we are good at, even without trying.

Some of us sit hours and hours trying to comprehend something that someone else can understand even without putting much effort.

Here I am, complaining that I don't even get a single thing my Chemistry book is saying, and it takes me one day to finish a chapter of Statistics, and Maths can make me cry like a mad woman by just staring at the questions, and Bio is the only thing I can bear with. 

Not realising that I didn't try hard for my IELTS, yet God still blessed me abundantly with the results that I've just obtained. I never feel stressed out learning guitar on my own, yet God still blessed me with adequate skills for me to give back to Him. I have nothing to do with Thailand, yet I can effortlessly sing a Thai song for you. I can shoot a basketball into the ring. I'm not afraid of cats. I can kill  cockroaches for my screaming neighbours. I can do things that some people cannot do, so why am I complaining about the things that I am never good at?

I am a champion, just like you too,

even though I still hate the fact that sometimes our effort doesn't really match the end results.

No comments: