Thursday, July 4, 2013

Depressingly Inspirational

Call it a paradox or whatever, but I find it funny that something depressing can become so inspirational.

I've just finished watching this Thai movie The Billionaire which is based on a true story. Ironically, when it first came out a few years back, I didn't pay much attention to it.

It all started one evening the week before (or perhaps during) my A-Level exam when I bought this:

The best food a college student could ever
ask for while doing Maths in the middle of
the night.

In a small package attached to it was a small booklet which attracted me in just a split second. I knew what was going to be inside. I knew it must be an inspirational story I didn't want to miss reading. 

That evening, I abandoned my past year exam papers and finished reading the whole booklet. It was crazily, amazingly, incredibly inspirational, and the timing was perfect.

Only just now I had the chance to watch the movie, and I have to say my t-shirt sleeves are soaked with tears. It's so depressing. Yet so inspirational. To think that that seaweed I was enjoying all these while had a story so depressing behind it, with a young man who amazingly endured all those suffering, man, I seriously salute his perseverance. 

Anyway if you're still curious about what I'm talking about, and if you're currently in need of a motivation to not get discourage, go ahead, Google what I'm talking about.

Or just go to your local supermarket and grab that packet of seaweed, hopefully they still attach that booklet for free.

P/S: During the credit roll at the end of the movie, the name Chaiwat Anutrakunchai really rang a bell. I then found out that he was one of the actors in a drama I watched about 10 years back. Okay, that was random.

2 comments:

Fern said...

Wahahah! Tricia and I loved eating that seaweed too in our Akasia days! Lolll...
*random thought* hmmmm... I haven't commented here in a long while, have i? still having to prove i'm not a robot, I see... hahaz...

Fee said...

Watching the movie and reading the story behind it made me appreciate it more. :P

Lol at least ur comments didn't end up as a spam? :P