Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fee's Story

Hi.

Haven't been blogging about stuffs for quite a long time (one week? Long eh?), it's not that nothing happened, in fact so many things happened to the point that I found myself caught in emotional confusion and too many ups and downs (and ups again), making me somehow happy and emo at the same time.

Now how should I start this. 

Since this story is going to be an accumulation of things that happened in a week, it's surely going to be totally random and long. So yeah. I don't even know why should I be typing them here. Been keeping two written journals, one on OneNote, one blog, ah, looks like I've been expressing my feelings too much all over the places this semester.

Recovery
Well, obviously I wasn't feeling well last week, I can say everything inside me went wrong, you can take that both literally and figuratively. Had a bad mind that kept on bringing myself down, it was a jumble of things that I think I won't necessarily have to share here. Immune system was bad as well, had flu and felt feverish during my IELTS speaking test for the finals, so yeah, I screwed everything up.


But it's OK anyway. As I recovered from my flu, I also found out that I recovered from those emo moments. When people asked me if I was OK, truthfully, when I answered "OK ady", I was referring to my emo state, not my flu. It was a moment of both recovery and discovery. Thanks to friends who've been constantly reminding me that I have a God who loves me, so yeah, I can't guarantee that I'll be as happy as a lark for all the days to come, but hey, I've learnt my lessons and next time I'll know what to do, I guess. God has been working in mysterious ways, so mysterious and indescribable - and there's only one thing that I can only say: If I never got to know him, I'd probably not be here at this time.

So yeah, next time,when I sing this, I don't want to just merely sing it, but mean what I sing too.


With Christ in the vessel
We can smile at the storm
Smile at the storm 
Smile at the storm 

With Christ in the vessel
We can smile at the storm
As we go sailing home

Sailing, sailing home 
Sailing, sailing home

The Lost Guitar Picks
I've been complaining everywhere that I lost two of my favourite picks and they're the only ones I have here in Akasia. I'm a person who loves memories, and linking stuffs with memories often gives me that fun nostalgic feeling (yes, I know I am weird), so basically I am sad because there are so many memories with two of those yellow and orange picks. I kept them hanging together with my student ID. Didn't even realise how and when they slipped out. 

Minutes ago, an idea struck me.

I used to make self-made picks out of Pringles lids. They're not that good though, mainly because they're too soft. Was thinking hard of a better material (because I don't have Pringles anyway), and aha, something caught my attention.


Prepared some peanut butter and jam sandwiches for the first time in Akasia a few days ago and got too excited to close the lid of the container. I exerted too much force, obviously causing the container to crack. Next semester I should bring a proper tupperware from home.

That container (which is now empty, of course) remained on my table and aha, it seemed to be the perfect thing to be turned into a guitar pick.


Cut it into pieces and finally I have a guitar pick once again. Perfect thickness. One thing about self-made picks is that their edges become nicer and smoother as you keep on playing using them.

Bio Field Trip
It didn't even look like a field trip but a trip to strengthen bonds among classmates. Went to FRIM, had the horror of my life when I woke up at the time I'm supposed to already be waiting at the bus stop (thanks to the bus for coming late), I managed to make it anyway. Phone alarms are so unreliable. 

Was a tiring and sun-tanning experience, but yeah, had fun bonding with classmates, now I realise I love them more and more each day.

Preparing the report is something I'm not looking forward to :(


So yeah, that's basically what happened for the whole week. I need to study Statistics now. The only topic test left. Yikes.




2 comments:

Tysle said...

Guitar picks from Pringle lids! Like like!!! Haha :)

Fee said...

Hahaa, yeah Tricia, they're cheap and I won't turn crazy if I lose them XD
but ALM cafe's plastic container is proven to be better :D