Thursday, June 27, 2013

Last Day

I made a decision to go to college for the final time before I head back to my hometown tomorrow. As an overly-nostalgic person, I took a stroll around college, my camera in one hand. I snapped pictures the moment the sun had just risen. I stopped at some places, smiled alone while I recollected the memories.

Words cannot describe how thankful I am to have been here for the past two years. I met bad people, good people, annoying people, inspiring people. Going to college used to be something so tiring to do, yet now, thinking back, how I wish I had put in mind earlier that all of these are going to end after all. Perhaps if I reminded myself about that earlier, I could've appreciate this place more.

While taking a stroll at my classroom block, I coincidentally met my Maths lecturer Miss Lee, who said she is going to leave tomorrow. Talking to her made me realise that I actually appreciate so much of what she has done. It reminded me of all the random moments I would knock her door to ask for help in Maths. It didn't happen very frequently though. I only started to like her more in my final semester. Ah well, things always seem to get better when they're coming towards an end, don't they? 

I don't know why am I feeling this way. All of my friends had left, and I'm like the only one still here. It was my own choice. I wanted to feel my final moments here. Yet, it's still very sad to be the last person. I hugged so many people and watched so many people leave. 

In two months time, I hope I'll be able to come back here with a smile, although by then there might be no one left here to thank. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when we reach a certain point of a stage, and when it's finally the time to leave, it always feels weird. We know that things will never be the same. Some people may not be there in the future. Our feelings may change.

It's OK. Maybe that's the point of life. We come, we leave, we say goodbyes. We learn, we grow, then..

we move on.

Thank you INTEC, for all of the things that had happened. There were indeed so many crappy days. Days when I thought that the sky was about to fall. Days when I felt like running back home. Yet still, there were also some days when I really didn't want everything to end so fast. Days when I just laughed along with my friends and wish we never had to say farewell. It's been an incredible two-year journey. 

Stesyen berikutnya, Kuching.
Next station, Kuching.

Read that one in the voice of the KTM lady.


Fee, ALM12M8.
INTEC library computer lab, Computer A10.
9.54am, 27/06/2013.

No comments: