Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thankful

I survived 2 weeks of study leave + 7 weeks of exams.

These 9 weeks were the most critical weeks of my life so far. Dramatic, yeah, but honestly, I'll tell you a secret. These 9 weeks really meant a lot to me. Even if I don't make it well at the end of this journey, I have a lot of things to thank God for, and these are the things I am thankful for throughout this 9 weeks.

(I may miss out a few things, or perhaps a lot, because I believe there are so many things to be thankful for).

1. I got the help that I needed in my studies.
2. I began to think optimistically.
3. I did not shed a single tear of fear throughout these 9 weeks.
4. God took care of my health.
5. God took care of my safety.
6. Nothing big and bad happening throughout exam time.
7. I had friends to eat with, to talk to, to support and encourage one another.
8. I enjoyed basketball and studies equally.
9. I had enough sleep (perhaps more than enough..)
10. I never felt this peaceful in Akasia, as in having this unexplainable peace..like..zero depression?

Throughout my 2 years living here, there were days (many days) where I stared blankly on my Maths book, trying to understand the questions, but in the end give up and break down in disappointment. I was afraid it was going to happen during this exam season. Because when it happens, I know myself. It's very had for me to get up again. And because that didn't happen, I am very thankful, even if, even if things won't turn out the way I expect it to be.

God, it's all now in Your hands. I've done my part, and my prayer is simple. In two months time, I don't want to have any regrets.


No comments: