Monday, January 23, 2012

Alone with a Song

I somehow love being alone.

It makes me think more, and during these times inspiration blooms. It's not that I don't find inspiration when I'm with a bunch of people. In fact, it's when I'm with people I get the inspiration. When I'm alone I expand/ develop the inspiration and make it into something..like a song.

So here it goes. I don't really have a good title for it, but I think Rubbing Shoulders would do well, even though it is not meant to mean the idiom 'to rub shoulders with somebody'. I take it rather literally here.

Rubbing Shoulders
a song about life, memories and friendship

Verse 1
When life throws you into different places
that's when you get to see a lot of faces
but then eventually we'll have to say goodbye
and we'll be just like birds, flying in the sky

Pre-chorus
And you wonder
How it's gonna be
When we leave this place today
are the memories here to stay?

Chorus
Rubbing shoulders with a thousand people
Forming bonds, as time goes by
It's strange that strangers can become as close as siblings
and there are
a million reasons to believe that goodbye's just the start
so it should be...
Till we meet again!

Verse
I guess it's weird that time flies and people come and go
It's just like seeing sunshine, now you see the snow

Pre-chorus
And I ponder
Life is sometimes funny
When you get to say hello
Next day you get ready to go


Chorus
Rubbing shoulders with a thousand people
Forming bonds, as time goes by
It's strange that strangers can become as close as siblings
and there are
a million reasons to believe that goodbye's just the start
so it should be...
Till we meet again!

*********

Try to guess where did I get the idea of the first line of the chorus? Kepong Market.

It gave me an idea that in life, we get to know a lot of people but most of them will leave, or maybe it's us who leave a place. Then we meet new people. Sometimes we pass by people and smile, or offer help, and that's probably the last time we see that person. 

It's rather different for most of us - some were born and raised in different places, some grow up in the very same place, hence there's a special bond with the people around. I spent the last weekend with a friend of mine who has been born and raised in the same area. I like that fact very much. It's fun and nostalgic - and the people around are the same people who witnessed your stages of life. 

My life story is totally different. Moving from places to places makes me ponder on who are my friends - I don't have a friend who grew up together with me (besides my siblings). Life revolves around making new relationships, leaving, and building new ones. 

College life teaches me the same thing. Farewells are inevitable.

..but sometimes people still meet again in this world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

true story :)