Monday, August 12, 2013

Fee Reads...(#2)

Fee reads about Fi in Talking to the Dead.

It has probably been a month since I finished my last book, so I kind of think that you know my verdict on this one. Man, it was so hard to finish.

Unlike some crime books which I've read in the past, this one is not really a page-turner. I could have just abandoned it but I didn't because I paid 31 bucks for it after planning to buy it for about 4 or 5 months. Like I said, the main character has the same name with me..so I thought it would be interesting.

Well it wasn't that bad, I mean, ohkayyy, cool murder case, cool woman cop, lots of f words..but what annoyed me most is that it was too draggy, I lost my patience to find out who's the killer and what's the story behind the whole killing. And I took the title too literally, I thought the dead victims were kind of going to try to talk to the main character. Only towards the last few pages I understood why the title said so.

I gave an early 3 out of 5 stars throughout the whole time I was reading this, but at page 371 out of 377, I changed my mind. Perhaps 3.5 would be better. I kind of like the ending, how things start to slowly unfold. 

Overall, I'm glad of finishing this one, although to be honest it won't really leave a strong impact/nice thought/unexplainable emotions inside my brain. It was not bad at all, but also not that wow-ing.

*I never learnt how to write proper book reviews, so if you happen to stumble upon this, sorry, I was typing this one out for my own record. :P

...and yayyyyyy! I know 15 is not a lot, but 15 is
realistic enough for now. :D

No comments: