Tuesday, August 13, 2013

That Window

16th March 2013, 7.26pm - 7.29pm.

I created this gif many months ago (photos were taken in March). This was the view from my window back in Akasia. I lived in Block 8, by the roadside and next to the basketball court which separates the block from the petrol station. During exam time I would be annoyed by the high-pitched voice of the songs heard from the petrol station played because of some random mini promos. At night I would enjoy the midnight breeze, and laugh alone sometimes when I hear an annoying customised honk from a car which would pass by quite frequently. My block was never completely quiet, there were sounds of vehicles all the time. I got used to it after some time. I witnessed a lot of things through this window - a minor motorcycle accident, a father yelling harshly to his little boy while walking by, birds flying back to their nests when it's about to rain, cloud movements, lightnings, falling leaves. I really do miss this window a lot. :)

I have a lot of other photos taken at this similar spot in various weathers. I'll see if I have time to make another gif and post it here.

No comments: