Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wrong Words, Right Words

Have you ever been in a situation where you find yourself having a difficult time expressing your thoughts, afraid that you might offend someone you really care about?

A few days back a very good friend of mine lost her mum. And I found it really hard to tell her how much I care. We're miles away, there's no way I can give her a hug, and honestly, words being typed and spoken through the phone are so hard to convey.

I wanted to say "Stay strong", but who am I to tell her to stay strong when I don't know the pain she's going through.

This made me think back of something a friend said to me perhaps a year ago. Sometimes people do care, but they do not know how to react, or say the right words. 

I just hope I didn't become a useless friend. I just hope I said the right words.

No comments: