Saturday, June 23, 2012

Emoless Fee

I've just realised that when you start to stop focusing on yourself too much, it's easier to stop focusing on your problems as well.

And that's good.

Not that I've never been told about this well-known fact, but I guess all these while I've been making self-pity as my playground. It stole away my values of thankfulness. 

I admire those who persevere in their problems, those who never seem to seek help from others to make them feel better, those who can act as if nothing's wrong when within them there is something bugging them. 

I remember myself telling a friend in secondary school that not a single person in this world is free from problems, and what's more important is the way we look at a problem, that's what makes us all different. I miss that Fee. Throughout my secondary school life, I always kept my problems to myself. I almost never trusted anyone to make me feel better. That was also the period when I listened to my friend's problems more. I guess that kept me stronger, trying to help someone out of the pit rather than being the one who tripped. 

I guess it's important to note that there are so many people out there needing help when we too feel the need of someone's help. But sometimes we just lose the sensitivity. I lose mine when I think that my problem is more than what my emotions can handle. I regain mine when I see others having their own problems. So I guess my 14 year old way of thinking was correct:

Everyone has their own problems. It's just up to us to see it as something big, or something that should not stop us from living.

Emoless Fee is actually still mildly emo of still not being able to get over her problem, but she now chooses to express it in a way less emofying because there's no point of dwelling in emoness. Hah. I wish I had more sense of humour.

To end this entry, I shall present to you something
that made me laugh out of my emoness some time ago.

Find help if you're not feeling well. It helps a lot. No point complaining that no one understands. No one can read minds. Find the initiative to make the first move, even when you feel you might be judged. Talk to someone you can trust, tell them what's bugging you. I still think it's far better than keeping it to yourself and doing something that would harm you, which in the end will leave people saying "We never knew about this.." I'd rather be embarrassed of my lack of wisdom in handling emotions than doing something that will later make my loved ones cry. Not that I never thought of something stupid like the latter, but we shall get into that topic when I'm ready.

Hold on, put a smile.

Now I know why I have a blogger friend who keeps on posting motivational stuff. It feels gooooood. Aaaa. :)

No comments: