Friday, October 14, 2016

#28 Friday

I'm blogging from my phone again because it's so convenient. If I wait till I get back home to type some of these down, I might forget some real feelings and stuffs lol.

I'M AT COLLEGE! BEFORE 7AM!

Wahaha, what happened to my new resolution to come a bit later and take a later bus in the morning?
I don't know! Because human beings are so weird! Waking up at 5 sounded like a nightmare last week, but boy it's so easy to do once I did it more than once. Talk about developing good habits..

And just a few moments after I crossed the road and settled down at the bus stop, a bus came!
And surprise, surprise!

It's an old creaky bus. I was so delighted.

And another surprise, it's the driver who I haven't seen since ages! I think I last saw him two semesters ago, when I was wearing my red Chicago Bulls tshirt and I chased after his bus and he laughed so hard at me because the bus was actually going to the main station anyway. Despite being laughed at, I still like him because he's a cool man, somewhat fatherly, like a cool funny dad, with bushy brows and always wearing a cap and a pair of earphones.

I almost wanted to say to him, yo where have you been, haven't seen you in ages, man. But he was the one to greet me first, so cheerfully, saying that he almost whizzed past me because it was so dark and I was (still am) wearing all black. Black hoodie, black collared shirt, black slim fit jeans, black sneakers. I looked at myself and realised maybe I should wear a reflector jacket. It was a good early morning interaction—to be greeted by a familiar stranger that way. I was fully awake throughout the ride. And nope, no coffee. Clean for two days!

Arrived at the main station 10 minutes before 7. I thought to myself this is a rather crazy thing to do throughout the whole semester. I know it isn't easy to retain this motivation, especially when assignments start to kick in and there'll be more sleepless nights due to procrastination. Next time I might want to come 5 minutes before 8, which is a more ideal timing.

So since the driver's been nice, I took the opportunity to ask him about the early morning schedule. Sadly, he said he can't confirm there are buses around that time, but told me that if I wait every 30 minutes there will sure be one around. And he actually remembered where he picked me from earlier, because he used my stop as his reference. Such a good man. This is why I love STC bus drivers. Never met a rude one so far. Hope it stays that way.

So now I'm sitting here waiting for my class to start but dreading the fact that I'll be sitting in class feeling dead inside because in all honesty, college right now is only bearable for three reasons: The bus rides, the chance to walk to the city council library, and the times laughing my ass off with friends. Everything else is just meh so far.

I might update and edit this post if I feel like I want to add some things after class.
.

Updates after class:
Classes aren't going on well. But I'm too lazy to elaborate, because I'm setting my brain to think on happy thoughts and good people who are worth my time and a space on my blog.

Good thing was that although I missed my favourite bus, I did hop on an old creaky one, and the driver addressed me as 'dik' and I've never been on his bus before. A cute little boy was being cuddled by him mum and was facing me throughout the whole journey, and he was staring right into my soul the whole time with a look of confusion. I never know how to respond in these kind of situations, but I did repeatedly make funny faces, and eventually he fell asleep looking at me. I wish I was kidding. Never knew my face could send people to sleep.

Hopped off at my stop and said thank you, in which the driver responded to cheerfully, and that's a good thing. Wouldn't it be great if this was actually a normal thing to do in Kuching? 

On a different note, I was on the same ride with the mentally ill man again. I really don't know how and why the universe seems to snyc our schedules together lately. 

And on another different note, I still believe that a bad day is only a bad day if you believe it is so. And maybe I shouldn't be worrying much about the rest of the weeks in this semester, and maybe I should prove to some people that I don't hate people for petty reasons. Or maybe I shouldn't even bother to prove anything, because once a person dislikes you and plays the victim card, there's nothing much to do anyway. I know because I've been on that side. Come on baby, don't pretend you've never done something similar to someone else as well. We're all victims in our own eyes. 
That was a rather negative paragraph to close such an originally happy blog post, so maybe I should add something. Something.

No comments: