Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Depressing (Love) Song

I finally completed it a few minutes ago. Yes, I need to be alone when I'm working out on a song because it's quite embarrassing to keep on strumming the same thing and mumbling random words.

There are a few things to clarify before I share this song here.

1. I am not in love.
2. This song isn't written for any particular person.
3. Yes, you'll find cliché lyrics.
4. This song is not written for any particular person.
5. I am not in love.

So here it goes:


HIDDEN FEELINGS 
a song about..err..hidden feelings

Verses:
Time is cruel 
We're so close
Yet still so far
Acting cool
I'm no good
Yet still I try
For you
Oh, I hope you had a clue.

(Whoaah) Feeling blue
Looking at the night sky
Thinking if you're
doing so too
Wondering if it'll
be the same if you knew
Oh, you just don't have a clue.

Pre-chorus:
I guess it doesn't really matter
'Cause there are things I should learn to hide
For all the dreams that seem to shatter
You may not know the times I've lied

Chorus:
You never know
That I'm thinking of you
but what if you had to go?
and are these feeling true?

Maybe it's worth a try?

Like a dandelion
Floating in the sky
Sometimes I wish these feelings
will find somewhere to hide

(but I know)
There are things I can't deny

Repeat the whole thing.
End with first verse.

-----------

So yeah..as usual..story-telling time. Bear with me.

I wasn't planning to complain that "time is cruel". It just happened to fit the sound of the chords which I were plucking. The paradox in the second and third lines were actually more like something I simply threw into the lyrics.

Honestly speaking, I don't really think that the lyrics deserve this melody. I've been working out on this melody for quite a while and I like it more that any of my previous songs, but it's rather sad that I had to fit in these depressing lyrics into it.

It was midnight when I wrote "looking at the night sky".

Chorus is so depressing, I know.

Most of the things don't rhyme. I know T_T

Dandelion's there for a reason. I've been loving dandelion seeds for all my life. And a few days ago I almost caught one flying in front the balcony. I failed. So I was frustrated and it got stuck inside my mind.

I'm about to turn 19, I'm a girl and I have crushes. What's so unusual about that?

We all have one (or two, or three), admit it.

So this song is dedicated to those who are keeping hidden feelings, wishing that someday, somehow, errr..I dunno how to continue.

Again, I have to say this.

I am not in love. This song just happened to be like this.

and it's up to you to have your own interpretation.

..and actually I was planning to improve a little bit by writing longer lyrics but it turned out the other way round, in fact these are the shortest lyrics I've ever written.

Will probably start recording if I have the chance to be left alone in the room or once my flu goes away. Or maybe I won't. Depends on my mood because usually I'll find out that I write bad songs after listening to it for quite a number of times.

I doubt that I can sing it anyway, because it's in the key of D, and is very high for me till I feel like I'm screaming rather than singing. I have this impression that I sound like the vocalist of my favourite band 25 Hours. Very high pitch. But mine's annoyingly high. I can't lower the key because it involves Dsus2 and Dsus4 which sound surprisingly good when I pluck them. I don't know how will it sound like if I change them to Csus2 or Csus4. Heck, I don't even know how those chords look like :S

I shall think about it first.

Bye.




2 comments:

The one of the 5th floor said...

Nice one. You should totally record it one day. ;D

The one of the 2nd floor said...

Muahaha..I will..

coz it'll make you think of your crush even more than ever *snickers*

Justkiddingpleasedon'tkillme ><