Saturday, March 24, 2012

Siblings (and Tales of Childhood)

Siblings. They're among the very few people in your life who appreciates you for who you are.

My sister made my day despite the first sight I had to see this morning as I woke up was something rather horrid.

Yes. Horrid.

Imagine waking up later than your housemates, and the first thing you see when you open the door is..

a bunch of people, all burying their noses in their Bio textbooks. Horrid scene, I have to say.

As moody as I already am, I felt like running back into the room and burying myself under the blanket once more.

But yeah, my sister made my day.

I often feel like my heart skips a beat or two whenever my phone beeps, indicating there's a text message. Yes, I am always happy of receiving those unpredictable messages from the people who I love.

However that's not always the case. Messages from telecommunication companies and annoying adverts really get into my nerves. I find myself having a habit of saying "if this is (insert company name), I'm gonna kill (insert company name) before I open every message.

But yeah, this morning it was from my eldest sister. We don't text each other that often, and today I realise how much I actually miss her. Before coming here, she's in my list among the most annoying person I've ever met. But now, I feel that she's among the people who I really love and appreciate in my life, and this evening, doing something quite fun, I'm so happy that I have the chance to tell her by myself that I love her.

Ah, I just don't know why, these past few weeks I just can't stop thinking of my family.

My eldest sister, she's always treating me like a little child, perhaps because I'm the youngest so I have to be forever young. Sometimes I see her in some of the seniors in this place. Yeah, that funny little feeling when you feel like your elder sibling is there in front of you while that's not the reality. 

She said to me once, "Last time when you were little you used to be so close (and manja) with me..but now..". Yeah, I have to admit, as we get older, I never really spent time with her, she never really spent her time with me too. But today, I find it fun texting with her, asking how's life, boyfriend, work etc. Made me remember the old days when we did things together more often. And the days when I often asked her to accompany my to the toilet because I was such a chicken.

My second sister, she's also constantly treating me like a little child, but since I entered college, I find it magnificent that I once talked about BGR and other big matters with her lol. And it's awesome that sometimes I give advice to her too. Teehee. She's the only one in the family who's always singing with me whenever I play guitar. Random fact: My mum said once upon a time when I was a baby I couldn't stay still when my sister was holding me, and my head knocked her nose, and yeah, she had a terrible nosebleed. I was a bad, bad baby.

My bestest friend in the whole wide world? Easy answer. My third sister. We fight a million times, yet still we get along well with each other. When I'm annoyed, I just don't talk to her. When  she's angry, she does the same. I think I'm closer to her compared to the others because of our age gap, when I entered secondary school she was still in the same school, we spent most of the time together at home, when we were little we played lego together, she had the awesomest imagination a child would have - we built walls/houses and put a family of dad a human, mum a chimpanzee, children were bunnies under one roof and then we did spontaneous scripts, I vaguely remember of what we actually did but it was basically acting/playing something about a daily life of a bizarre family. We often had dinner at the same time, I never really remember how many times did I manage to finish my food.

Sometimes we put blankets between the beds of my 2nd and 3rd sister, then we sat beneath it, acting as if we're in a tent, camping in the jungle. Lights off, we played with the torchlight, ow yeah it was fun. And I still remember my 3rd sister used to build a tent out of plastic bags behind our house. Haha. 

Now that we're all grown up, I just have this little fear on how things will change once they all get married one day. Even seeing them having boyfriends make me feel that they have less time with me. (Yes, especially when I'm talking to them and their boyfriends suddenly texted them, and soon I realise that I'm actually talking to myself while their replying the messages - happens a lot of times). :P Ah, life is funny.

Hmm. Why oh why am I being so nostalgic tonight?


2 comments:

Cindy ツ said...

Aww :')

Fee said...

don't cry, cindy! glad to have some lame chop siblings here too hehe!!